2/3/14 | By: KacyLou

Abby

Getting a new pet is a big step. 
As a child it teaches you responsibility, and as an adult...oh...it still teaches the same thing.
T and I adopted Sam, our boy at 18 months.
As soon as we saw him, we just knew that he would make a great addition to our little couplet.
And of course he did. He has been such an amazing dog. 
[[His picture is to the left.]]
---
Well, last year we started talking about adopting another puppy for Sam to play with since he seemed kind of lonely. But we wanted to wait tip we were financially ready.
Well, this month we were ready. 
We went to our regular shelter looking for a dog puppy. Young. I wanted to raise it up, ya know? 
Well, the shelter didn't have one that jumped out at us.
---
A little something about our selection process. 
We have this invisible kind of agreement when shopping for things. 
We are honest.
If we don't BOTH love the animal or item...we just don't get it.
And we both just kind of KNOW when we look for an animal.
Anywho, onto the next shelter. 
I was excited because we'd never been there.
I was just slightly upset when we were walking out with not even a single, "Oh wow, we LOVE him/her." 
And one thing my mother-in-law taught me was if you don't LOVE it, then don't go for it.
And that's how I pretty much choose EVERYTHING. :P
---
Anyways. So, walking out to our car, me a little saddened, I opened my door and looked behind the car to a couple walking two dogs. 
I kind of fell in love and casually told Tony to look at the German Shepherd. 
The man yelled to us, "They are both up for adoption."
I just smiled and walked over to the pups. 
I mean, no harm in checking them out right?
So so so right.
Right away I fell in love with Abby. 
And I looked up to T and he knew. 
He knew I wanted her.
We talked with the couple who were actually her owners but had to give her up. ):
Also, Jeff told us that on their walk back to the shelter they had prayed that a loving family would adopt their Abby and Lily. (The other dog. She was 7 and if we could have we would have taken her as well. She was a sweetheart.)
They told us all about Abby and I had to have her.
She wasn't a puppy puppy, but she was precious.
And I love precious.
(She turned a year Feb 2 '14 :)
And now we love Abby.
She is beautiful and kind and her and Sammy get along so so so well! (:
So thank you, Jeff and Polly for giving us another addition to our family.
She fits in so well. 
(I mean she slept in our bed all night last night. That's love. :)
<3 




<3
I'll add better photos of her later. My computer is being, blah. :P

3 comments:

the momma said...

Can't wait to meet both Sam and Abby!! I'm just tickled that my 'selection method' works for you :-)
And I miss those legs and feet (and the bodies they are attached to...) :-( XO

KacyLou said...

They can't wait to meet their grandmother as well. Hahah. (: That selection method works really well. And keeps me from spending money. :P
The keds that I'm wearing have a whole in them that show my pinky toe. :P
Anyways. Miss and love you!

Meggy Riley said...

Presh!!!

Post a Comment